Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Oh Nevermind...

You know that moment when you realize maybe you jumped the gun? Well, I faced this moment just days after posting my last blog. I had to face the cold hard fact that my heart still wanted to homeschool the kids. So, Mackey and I had a long hard talk {I mean loooonnnggg & hard.} I faced my fears and confronted my weaknesses. I had a hard year with school in 2012 and I was still very drained from it. We had just moved into a new home with a project around every corner and boxes to the ceiling. It is summer and I just wanted to have FUN!! I made the decision out of weariness and feelings of being overwhelmed. I am retracting my last statement and 
WE WILL BE HOMESCHOOLING 
this next school year.

I am changing things a little bit.For the first time I will be using a simpler, more planned out program and things like that. We are rejoining our local support group {I NEED PEOPLE}. We are changing our schedule to a 5 day school week and will be taking real breaks!

I don't know if giving my family the summer off was just what I needed to find my homeschoolin' mojo but it worked. I have a new perspective and eagerness to homeschool. I may seem like a wishy-washy person and that is ok, because it is a good thing to examine your heart and your motives and correct yourself when you get off course. I was getting off course, now I am back on. 

Here are our reasons for homeschooling. Why Homeschool? Blessings,
~Hailey   

No comments:

Post a Comment