Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Support Letter for Cambodia {Where I ask for prayer and money}



In 2013, my life was forever changed after a short-term mission trip to Cambodia. Cambodia is a country located in Southeast Asia. The people suffer from the loss of nearly an entire generation, a generation that would have been grandparents, elders, and leaders in the community today. The after effects of the Khmer Regime are poverty, corruption, hunger, disease, and human trafficking.

Global Reach for Justice will partner with local churches and Christian ministries in Cambodia to bring hope and helping hands. Our team will participate in local feeding programs, visit the slums or “dumps,” care for orphans, and much more. We will also support Global Reach Hope Centers, a center which rescues at risk children, by bringing food, supplies, and doing home improvement projects.

This is a step of faith for me as I am embracing the call I know God has placed in my heart. I am a short-term missionary. I feel such a burden of love for God’s people and want desperately to be the hands and feet of Jesus. My goal this year is simply Cambodia, but in the years to come, my hope is to travel to Africa, as well. I will go where ever the Lord leads. It’s a pretty wild dream for a homeschooling mom of five young kids but it’s not impossible!

So, I am asking you to partner with me in prayer and in financial support, because the truth is I can’t do this without the help from my family and friends. The money donated not only goes towards my trip, but will also help fund the work we will be doing.  Please prayerfully consider partnering with me.


“Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.”    Isaiah 1:17

****************************************************************

Prayer requests:
Hope Center in Kampong Cham, 33 orphans.
Feeding programs and slum ministry efforts.
Church planting and pastoral/volunteer training.
Funding for Christmas outreach.
Funding for all team members, safe travel, and to have a large impact.

"And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”    John 14:13-14

****************************************************************

Fundraising Deadlines:
FEBRUARY 20 // $1000.00
MARCH 20 // $1000.00
APRIL 17 // $1000.00
MAY 22 // $550.00
(Total cost $3800, which includes a $250 deposit.)

Trip Dates:
July 6th-July18th

****************************************************************

Financial contributions can be made online, globalreachforjustice.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment